How to find the best tutors in Tiffin, OH
At Academic Coaching Specialists, we strive to help students find what it takes to help them be successful. In just a few simple steps, we will show you how to find the best tutors in Tiffin, OH.
1. First, identify experts in the area. Look for companies that specialize in matching the right credentials and experience with what you are looking for. Avoid sites that allow you to “shop” for a tutor like a dating service. Tutors should be selected because of their skills and abilities to help your student, not because of a professional looking headshot.
2. Be wary of tutors who guarantee an “A”. Tutoring is a process, and it takes varying amounts of time to get your son or daughter to see real improvement. Success is a process and there will be ups and downs.
3. Look for a good fit. You want to make sure there is chemistry between your teen and their tutor. No one wants to try to learn material that is difficult from someone that they have nothing in common with. The interactions should be pleasant, and your student should never dread going. That is a tell-tale sign that things are not in alignment.
4. You should not have to chase the tutor for feedback. A good tutor will offer feedback after each session. Look for constructive criticism only, never any derogatory language or remarks. They should give the student and/or you some actionable items that can be worked on between sessions to maximize improvements. The tutor should always praise the student for efforts that are being seen.
5. The tutor should communicate openly and effectively with both you and your child. There should be complete transparency between the student, the tutor, and the parents. Determine how you will be in contact with each other at the very beginning so there are no questions or confusion that can cause unnecessary frustrations.
6. Price is important. Cheap tutors produce cheap results. Too expensive and they may not live up to what they promise and/or your expectations. A good price point ensures a fair situation for both the tutor and the family.
Our college academic coaching program focuses on supporting students through organization, time management, goal setting and accountability.
Has your student found themselves on academic probation or falling behind in their college coursework? Our expert educators can help!
Our high school academic coaches teach students how to organize, prioritize and utilize effective study, note and test taking strategies.
If your high school student is stressed with their demanding course load or needs help getting back on top of a challenging subject, give us a call.
Academic Coaching as An Alternative to Tutoring
If you find your teen struggles with organization and time management, an academic coach may be more in line with what you are seeking. An academic coach is a mentor who communicates weekly with your son or daughter, to walk them through the ins and outs of academic life. They will help them to start thinking more proactively, planning well, and following through. No more forgotten assignments or waiting until the last minute to get something done.
An Academic Coach from ACS will work with your student to help them solve the mystery of how other students seem to get things done! Often we hear students say they feel like they just missed information somehow and everyone else knows how to do something but they don’t. The coach works to ensure they will not miss assignments and that they will be turned in on time-every time!
Call us to discover how a tutor or academic coach from ACS can help your teenager get through this challenging school year!
WE PROUDLY SERVICE HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE STUDENTS
THROUGHOUT TIFFIN, OH
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
What Our Students Say
” The program has geared me up for success not only in the classroom but also in life. Having a dedicated plan day in and day out has helped me achieve so much. With the help and guidance from ACS, I was able to graduate college (which I never thought could happen) and have helped me land my dream job right out of college! Thank you ACS!! “
” I was able to improve my test scores, improve my overall grades and even make dean’s list. I also gained a new mentor, coach, and friend. I am using the skills I learned through ACS daily in my career such as planning, focusing, and prioritizing my tasks each day. “
” I struggle with time management and I have learned that I need accountability to finish and reach my goals. Having someone who cares about my success, offering tools and strategies to get there, has been crucial for my professional and personal development. I am so grateful for this support from ACS in this journey. “