PROFESSIONAL HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMIC COACHING SERVICES
It is often thought that a student’s high school experience is what sets the stage and prepares them for their next phase of life. Making it a very natural time for teens to begin to assert more independence, be better problem solvers along with showing a heightened sense of confidence in themselves and their abilities. But, it is also within this critical social and intellectual phase of development, where some teens encounter learning challenges that can act as a barrier to their long-term academic success. Some of these challenges may include:
- Getting easily overwhelmed with assignment details or course load
- Being routinely late turning in assignments or missing them all together
- Having trouble prioritizing schoolwork over screen time (phone, tv or video games)
- Responding with anger or frustration when asked about school, grades or homework.
- Finding excuses to stay home from school or skipping school all together
- Receiving poor grades or test scores, despite studying
- Lacking focus, motivation or interest
- Exhibiting signs of low self confidence, anxiety or depression
If your student can relate to any of the above challenges, our high school academic coaching services can help.
HOW ACADEMIC COACHING WILL HELP YOUR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SUCCEED.
An academic coach inspires students to reach their full potential.
Working one-on-one with an experienced academic coach is one of the best ways to help your student improve their grades, build confidence and shift their outlook when it comes to education. Our high school academic coaching services benefit all students, but are especially helpful to those that struggle academically, have learning differences, lack the motivation to succeed, or are just feeling a little lost in the crowd. By focusing on organization, strategic thinking, problem solving, time management and studying more efficiently, your student will not only be more effective in high school, but will also gain the critical skills needed to quickly acclimate to college’s independent learning requirements.
AN ACADEMIC COACH WILL WORK ONE-ON-ONE WITH YOUR STUDENT TO HELP THEM MASTER CRITICAL SKILLS FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS
- Develop organization techniques
- Resist online and social distractions
- Better manage study time and social time
- Avoid procrastination
- Become independent learners
- Develop effective study and test taking skills
- Cope with stress and anxiety
- Keep track of assignments
- Meet course deadlines
- Improve memory and retain critical course information
- Stay motivated during online/hybrid learning
- Being accountable and making good choices
- College & degree exploration
- Getting enough sleep and proper nutrition
- Goal setting
OVERCOMING YOUR STUDENT'S OBJECTIONS TO WORKING WITH AN ACADEMIC COACH
As a parent of a teenager, you know more than anyone, once a teen begins to assert their independence, they aren’t likely to be responsive or appreciative of your guidance and advice. But as their grades are plummeting and your household is in constant turmoil, you also recognize that something needs to be done to restore their confidence and reestablish a stress-free living environment for your family.
Academic Coaching provides an encouraging, friendly and non-judgmental environment for students. And our coaches assume the position of a more relatable, role-model, empowering them to overcome challenges, while supporting their academic, professional and personal growth and development.
GOOD. FIT. GUARANTEED.
Our coaches are dedicated to providing an exceptional experience that is custom-tailored to the individual needs of your student.
What Our Students Say
” The program has geared me up for success not only in the classroom but also in life. Having a dedicated plan day in and day out has helped me achieve so much. With the help and guidance from ACS, I was able to graduate college (which I never thought could happen) and have helped me land my dream job right out of college! Thank you ACS!! “
” I was able to improve my test scores, improve my overall grades and even make dean’s list. I also gained a new mentor, coach, and friend. I am using the skills I learned through ACS daily in my career such as planning, focusing, and prioritizing my tasks each day. “
” I struggle with time management and I have learned that I need accountability to finish and reach my goals. Having someone who cares about my success, offering tools and strategies to get there, has been crucial for my professional and personal development. I am so grateful for this support from ACS in this journey. “