Does your student need more than tutoring in Brookhaven, GA?
Whether in high school or college, students are feeling the strains of the semester. Perhaps they waited too long to get help with something they did not understand. Maybe they sought help, but it was not enough, or it did not help with what they really needed. Do they need something different? Does your student need more than tutoring in Brookhaven, GA?
Our college academic coaching program focuses on supporting students through organization, time management, goal setting and accountability.
Has your student found themselves on academic probation or falling behind in their college coursework? Our expert educators can help!
Our high school academic coaches teach students how to organize, prioritize and utilize effective study, note and test taking strategies.
If your high school student is stressed with their demanding course load or needs help getting back on top of a challenging subject, give us a call.
Our programs encompass more than just content clarification.
They go beyond the traditional tutoring structure and support the student in many important ways. These include boosting their study skills, working on ways to be more efficient with their time, self-advocacy techniques to use when needed, and much more. They will receive an academic coach who is dedicated to working one-on-one with them. They take the time to get to know them and understand where they are strongest, as well as where they need help.
Each week, the coach provides a stable structure that focuses on building confidence and highlighting improvement. Every technique that is discussed is directly applied to something they are working on for a class, such as note-taking strategies, test preparation techniques, or writing skills. They also encourage and motivate every step of the way. This holistic approach works so much better and provides many more and longer benefits to the student than simply re-explaining material from a class.
Campuses abound with additional resources for students. So much so that they often do not even know where to turn when they develop an issue. An academic coach can guide them in this process as well. Again, advocating for the student, but letting them take the reigns as much as possible. This push towards independence but with full support gives them the confidence they need to see improvement in help-seeking behavior, and to begin to understand that asking for help is never a weakness.
Here is how our Academic Coaching Programs work:
1. Give us a call to discuss your son or daughter’s needs. We will determine a program that is a good fit.
2. Next, we set up a Zoom call with them and you to get to know them a bit more and to make sure they are up for the challenge and ready to improve their academic performance.
3. They will be asked to take 2 short assessments that will help us match them with the perfect coach.
4. We will send them our custom academic planner so that right from the start, the coach can work with them on getting them organized and on track.
5. Next, your student and their coach determine a regular meeting time and begin their weekly sessions.
6. Then at the end of each week, you and your student will receive a snapshot report from the coach. This lists what was covered, any challenges or successes for the week, and specific items that need to be completed before their next session. These are a crucial component of what makes this work. When transparent communication is consistent, there is trust and progress!
WE PROUDLY SERVICE HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE STUDENTS
THROUGHOUT BROOKHAVEN, GA.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
What Our Students Say
” The program has geared me up for success not only in the classroom but also in life. Having a dedicated plan day in and day out has helped me achieve so much. With the help and guidance from ACS, I was able to graduate college (which I never thought could happen) and have helped me land my dream job right out of college! Thank you ACS!! “
” I was able to improve my test scores, improve my overall grades and even make dean’s list. I also gained a new mentor, coach, and friend. I am using the skills I learned through ACS daily in my career such as planning, focusing, and prioritizing my tasks each day. “
” I struggle with time management and I have learned that I need accountability to finish and reach my goals. Having someone who cares about my success, offering tools and strategies to get there, has been crucial for my professional and personal development. I am so grateful for this support from ACS in this journey. “