Sacramento, CA Tutoring for Students with Learning Differences
Are you looking for tutoring for your teenager with learning differences? Not sure where to turn with all the options available? Academic Coaching Specialists provides Sacramento, CA tutoring for students with learning differences.
- Executive Function Disorder
- Other Learning Differences
Our tutors are able to help your student through their challenging subject and come out on the other end with a new confidence! We are able to provide one-on-one professional tutoring with our experienced educators. ACS tutors are not only experts in their fields, but also in education. This is incredibly important when looking for a tutor to work with a student who has learning differences. Often tutors may be gifted in their area, but lack the skills to find effective ways to teach it to others, especially those who learn differently.
Working with an ACS tutor will not only improve their grade, it will also boost their confidence!
Our college academic coaching program focuses on supporting students through organization, time management, goal setting and accountability.
Has your student found themselves on academic probation or falling behind in their college coursework? Our expert educators can help!
Our high school academic coaches teach students how to organize, prioritize and utilize effective study, note and test taking strategies.
If your high school student is stressed with their demanding course load or needs help getting back on top of a challenging subject, give us a call.
What about Academic Coaching?
Academic coaching is similar to tutoring, but the work is done across the curriculum. There is not a specific subject area focused on. Rather, the coach works to establish positive behavior patterns and habits that create a successful student. These include organization and time management techniques, study skills, proactive planning, learning from feedback, test taking strategies, reading for meaning, problem solving, and many more.
We work with all types of learners. Our coaches are particularly skilled at helping students with learning differences gain useful skills that will help them navigate their education and take control of their goals.
Our inspiring curriculum provides:
- a heavy focus on time management through use of a one-of-a-kind academic planning system that is easy to use and incredibly effective
- Weekly sessions that provide structure and stability, are clearly organized, and create an action plan
- Snapshot reports that allow the student and parent to see the challenges and successes of each week, along with a “what’s next” section that keeps them focused on progress
- Built-in accountability through the use of coach check-ins to ensure the student follows through on what was planned each week
- The coach offers encouragement, support and inspiration, as they work together each week. The coach becomes a mentor who can guide the student over each hurdle and through every milestone as they come
- Transparent communication between the student, the coach, and the parents, so that everyone can be on the same page when working toward success
WE PROUDLY SERVICE HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE STUDENTS
THROUGHOUT SACRAMENTO, CA.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
What Our Students Say
” The program has geared me up for success not only in the classroom but also in life. Having a dedicated plan day in and day out has helped me achieve so much. With the help and guidance from ACS, I was able to graduate college (which I never thought could happen) and have helped me land my dream job right out of college! Thank you ACS!! “
” I was able to improve my test scores, improve my overall grades and even make dean’s list. I also gained a new mentor, coach, and friend. I am using the skills I learned through ACS daily in my career such as planning, focusing, and prioritizing my tasks each day. “
” I struggle with time management and I have learned that I need accountability to finish and reach my goals. Having someone who cares about my success, offering tools and strategies to get there, has been crucial for my professional and personal development. I am so grateful for this support from ACS in this journey. “